The terror suspect who blew himself up outside Liverpool Women's Hospital reportedly spoke two final words to the taxi driver before the explosion.
Emad Al Swealmeen, aged 32, died when the taxi exploded outside the hospital at 10.59am on November 14.
The driver of the cab, David Perry, made a miraculous escape from the vehicle and has since been discharged from hospital, reports Liverpool Echo.
David, aged 45, was questioned by police in the aftermath of the attack on Remembrance Sunday.
On November 16, the father-of-two was also interviewed for 90 minutes by counter-terrorism officers investigating the bomb blast about what happened in the moments just before the bomb was detonated.
The interview took place at his terraced home in north Liverpool, where he lives with wife Rachel.
A source close to the driver has told The Mirror that the bomber allegedly only spoke two words - “Women’s hospital” - after he was picked up for the seven minute car journey shortly before 11am on Remembrance Sunday.
The source said: “He didn’t say another word all the way there. The driver was not aware of anything."
David was able to scramble free seconds before his car was engulfed by flames with Alemi still inside.
His wife said later her husband was saved by “guardian angels” and that he was "lucky to be alive".
MPs yesterday suggested that an improvised explosive device known as TATP - or 'Mother of Satan' - was used by terror suspect Emad Al Swealmeen in the attack at the Women's Hospital.
The same type of bomb was previously used in the 2015 Paris attacks, the Manchester Arena bombing in 2017 and failed Parsons Green Underground attack the same year.
Home Office Minister Kit Malthouse said he could not comment on the specifics of Sunday's explosion because forensic investigations are continuing at sites across the city.
According to widespread reports, terror suspect Emad Al-Swealmeen was sectioned in 2015 after appearing in Liverpool Magistrates' Court for possession of a knife.
However Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the city's specialist mental health services, confirmed this evening that Al-Swealmeen was not receiving treatment at the time of his death.
A spokesman for the trust said: "We can confirm Emad Al-Swealmeen had previously accessed our services but was not a service user at the time of the incident."
Security Minister Damian Hinds said police were not seeking anyone else in connection with the bombing at this stage, and no signs of a "terrorist cell" in Liverpool had emerged.
Al-Swealmeen reportedly converted to Christianity at Liverpool Cathedral soon after arriving in the UK via Dubai, according to friends Malcolm and Elizabeth Hitchcott.
The couple took him in after meeting him in 2015, and he lived with them for around eight months the following year.
Today it was confirmed Emad Al Swealmeen was a cake decorating student at a college in the city.
A statement said: “Like many, we are deeply saddened by the events at Liverpool Women’s Hospital this weekend.
“Emad (Enzo) Al Swealmeen was an adult cake decorating student at the college during the 2018/2019 academic year and we are dismayed to hear of his involvement in the tragic events that took place.
“The wellbeing of our students and staff remains the City of Liverpool College’s number one priority during this time, which has been distressing for all across the city and wider city region.
“In line with the public appeals from Merseyside Police and other local leaders, we don’t intend to comment further on what is still an active police investigation at this time.”
Four men arrested under terrorism laws in the Kensington area of Liverpool - three aged 21, 26 and 29, who were held on Sunday, and a man aged 20 who was detained on Monday - have now been released from police custody following interviews.
The UK terror threat level was raised from “substantial” to “severe” on Monday, meaning an attack is considered "highly likely."
Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond - Sign up to our daily newsletter here.