Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool Echo
Sport
Ian Doyle

Liverpool 'paid Man City £1m settlement over scouting system hacking complaint' according to The Times

Liverpool have responded to claims they paid Manchester City a £1million settlement after their Premier League rivals complained their scouting system had been hacked.

A report in The Times claimed an agreement was reached in September 2013 after it was said City used experts to discover if their database had been spied on.

City alleged their login had been used on the Scout7 system on a number of occasions by several Liverpool employees.

According to The Times, the Reds made the payment without the club or any of the individuals accepting any liability or wrongdoing, with the allegations never tested in court.

The article alleges City made a complaint in July 2013 that the system had been unlawfully accessed using the login details of a City scout over an eight-month period.

Blood Red: Jurgen Klopp Exclusive - How he plans to keep Liverpool on top

It also says a source claims the Premier League was unaware of the settlement at the time.

Around the time of the alleged settlement, it was reported City had hired cyber forensics experts to analyse the breach.

A club spokesperson from Liverpool said on Saturday: "Liverpool Football Club does not provide any comment on any allegations relating to legal agreements it may or may not have entered into with any other club, organisation or individual."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.