Here are the Liverpool evening headlines for Wednesday, September 30.
Liverpool set for £60m transfer boost with bids for Brewster, Wilson and Grujic
Liverpool are eyeing a £60million windfall after a successful summer in the transfer market.
Fans have been delighted with the club’s business, and although they are finished in terms of incomings, there are further deals planned.
The Reds are working on trimming their squad, and the ECHO understands bids have been submitted for Rhian Brewster , Harry Wilson and Marko Grujic.
Although negotiations for the trio have not yet been completed, it is believed they will provide Liverpool with a combined £60m.
The club remains relaxed over the situations, and all three players are expected to play some part in the Carabao Cup game against Arsenal on Thursday.
You can read the full story here .
Liverpool injury blow before Arsenal as Pep Lijnders gives update on four players
Pep Lijnders has confirmed that Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip and Kostas Tsimikas will miss Liverpool’s Carabao Cup match against Arsenal.
The Reds will take on Arsenal for the second time in a week after beating Mikel Arteta’s side 3-1 in the Premier League on Monday.
They will now meet again in the Carabao Cup, and Lijnders was on hand to provide an updated injury report.
Listen to the latest Liverpool.com podcast by clicking HERE
“Jordan [Henderson], we will reevaluate on Friday after this game to see if he can be ready for Aston Villa,” he said.
“Joel [Matip] is the same as what I said last week, he will be ready [after] the international break and use the time to prepare the Everton game.
“We have Kostas, who after the Lincoln game had a thigh problem. We thought it would settle, it didn’t, so he will need more time. He will not be involved on Thursday and also not on Sunday.”
Xherdan Shaqiri told Liverpool transfer would be ‘good for everyone’
Former Switzerland boss Ottmar Hitzfeld has encouraged Xherdan Shaqiri to move away from Liverpool before the transfer window closes.
Shaqiri worked with Hitzfield at international level up until 2014, and now his former manager says the player should move in order to be ‘happy’.
The former Bayern Munich and Inter Milan winger was left out of the 18 man squad to face Liverpool on Monday night and has not been part of the 18 for a league game this season.
He was pictured in training at Melwood on Tuesday and could earn a run out against the Gunners on Thursday when the two teams meet in the Carabao cup.
Hitzfeld told Swiss newspaper Blick (via Inside Futbol ): “Xherdan should move to a club where he will be playing regularly.
“He must be happy again; we all want to see a happy Xherdan again. A change would be good for everyone around him and his fans.
“A Premier League club with a solid midfield would be a good step, or at a Bundesliga club such as Gladbach, Leverkusen or Wolfsburg."