Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Football London
Football London
Sport
Bobby Vincent

Latest Tottenham transfer rumours: Bid tabled for striker, Philippe Coutinho update

Here are your Tottenham transfer rumours for Thursday, April 16.

Spurs offer £21m for Kane alternative

Tottenham have reportedly tabled an offer of £21 million for Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi, with the Spurs hierarchy looking at a potential Harry Kane replacement.

Kane has been linked with a move away from Tottenham, and Muriqi could be seen as a viable option to replace the Spurs striker, according to Turkish outlet Fanatik.

The Kosovo international has been linked with a move to Spurs since January, where Kane picked up an injury that has ruled him out ever since.

Lazio are also in the race to sign the striker, who has scored 13 times in 24 starts for the Turkish club this season.

But amid links with Kane leaving, it's understood that the England captain should be going nowhere this summer.

Tottenham suffer Alvarez blow

Ajax defender Edson Alvarez has admitted his dream destination would be Manchester City, despite Tottenham being linked with the versatile 22-year-old.

Dutch publication De Telegraaf reported earlier in the month that Spurs made an offer for Alvarez during the January window but it was rejected by Ajax.

Alvarez said on Ajax’s official Twitter account during a Q&A: “I would really like to play for Manchester City one day.

“I have been following that club since childhood and I think it is a really nice club, I am a fan. So, if I had to choose then I would like to play for City.”

Barca boss provides Coutinho update

Barcelona manager Quique Setien has admitted Philippe Coutinho could still be a Barcelona player at the start of next season.

Coutinho has been heavily linked with a move away from the Nou Camp, after falling out of favour with the Catalan side.

Philippe Coutinho has been linked with a return to the Premier League (Photo: Michael Regan/Getty Images)

Spurs are amongst the hosts of Premier League teams that are reportedly interested in the ex-Liverpool playmaker.

However, Setien believes that the Brazilian could still be a Barcelona player by the time the next season begins.

“He is still a Barcelona player. You have to pay the clause or a transfer fee to Barca. I think he can be here at the beginning of next season,” the Barca boss said to Radio Station RAC 1.

“I don’t know if he wants to come back or go away again, I have to talk to him to ask him. He is a great player, no doubt about it.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.