Latest snapshot of the coronavirus impact
LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* All Australians aged 12 or older are on track to be offered a coronavirus vaccine by mid-October, with supply set to soon outstrip demand.
* The auditor-general will investigate how the federal government handled the return of Australians stranded overseas due to COVID-19.
* NSW reported 1257 new local COVID-19 and seven deaths while a new freedom begins -- up to five fully vaccinated adults outside the 12 Sydney hotspots can gather outdoors within five kilometres of home while those inside the hotspots can do so only with their own households for two hours.
* There are nearly a thousand cases of COVID-19 in western NSW with authorities particularly concerned about the town of Walgett.
* Victoria recorded 473 new COVID-19 cases - the highest daily tally of the state's latest outbreak - bringing the total number of active infections to 3507, including the first case in the state's prison system in more than a year.
* A four-week compliance and vaccination blitz has been launched across the Victorian building industry as 13 per cent of the state's active cases are linked to construction sites.
* Chief Minister Andrew Barr has warned Canberra businesses caught repeatedly flouting lockdown restrictions could be shut down as the ACT records 13 new coronavirus infections.
* Queensland authorities are confident they have a new school-based cluster of COVID-19 in hand, despite two more cases on Monday.
* South Australia currently has no local cases of the virus with 10 infections, acquired either interstate or overseas, in hotel quarantine.
* Western Australia had its first day of vaccine availability for teenagers with appointments opening up for those aged 12 years and over.
* The Northern Territory has started rolling out the COVID-19 vaccine in Darwin schools, with priority given to senior students to ensure they're not disrupted during their exams in the final weeks of term four.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 22,802,573 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Saturday, including 133,201 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 13,103,121 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 46,555 in the previous 24 hours).
* 9,699,452 have been administered by the states and territories, including 86,646 in the previous 24 hours.
* Nationwide, 67.8 per cent of people aged over 16 have received one vaccine dose while 42.6 per cent are fully vaccinated.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia has reported 1745 local cases: 1257 in NSW, 473 in Victoria, 13 in the ACT and two in Queensland.
* There were also five overseas-acquired cases reported, three in NSW and two in Queensland.
* The national death toll is 1098: Victoria 824, NSW 240, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 224,656,000.
* Deaths: at least 4,630,000.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 5,679,646,000.