Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

LAC standoff | No progress in Brigadier-level talks between India and China at Chushul

Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane interacts with troops during his visit to review the security situation in Ladakh on September 4, 2020. (Source: PTI)

Brigadier-level talks between India and China on Sunday at Chushul ended without any breakthrough for de-escalation on the South Bank of Pangong Tso, a defence source said.

The talks are continuing to keep the engagement going and prevent any escalation, the source said. These ground conversations keep happening, the source said.

Amid a fresh spike in tensions on the South Bank, the talks at Chushul have been going on the entire week but have remained inconclusive. There is no change in the ground situation, the source said.

Also read: Ladakh standoff | Situation along LAC is tense: Army Chief

Last Monday, the Army said the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops had carried out aggressive moves on the night of August 29 to change the status quo on the South Bank and the attempts had been thwarted. Since then tensions have remained high in the area with additional deployments by both sides.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.