
South Australia is lagging behind other states in the rollout of the coronavirus vaccine, the state opposition says.
Labor says SA has only used 57 per cent of the doses in its possession.
This compared to 100 per cent in both Tasmania and the ACT, 82 per cent in Western Australia while all other jurisdictions are above 70 per cent.
"We are now officially bottom of the ladder on the federal scorecard," opposition health spokesman Chris Picton said on Tuesday.
"The worst-in-the-country performance needs to be urgently fixed to get back on track."
Mr Picton said the state government had also reportedly delayed the opening of a mass vaccine site at the Adelaide showgrounds.
He said the centre was supposed to open this month, but appeared now to have been delayed until May.
According to figures released by SA Health on Monday, 37,656 vaccine doses have been administered so far.
Although that figure does not include those provided to aged care residents by the federal government.