Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Bristol Post
Bristol Post
National
Estel Farell Roig

Kingswood murder latest: Man released under investigation as inquiry continue

A man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been released under investigation.

Police were given more time to interview the 25-year-old, who was arrested after the death of a man in Kingswood over the weekend.

The man was arrested after a 24-year-old man died of a single stab wound at a house in Kennard Road early on Sunday (February 7).

Avon and Somerset Police was called by paramedics to the Kingswood house at about 3am on Sunday, with the ambulance service reporting a man in his 20s had suffered a serious injury and he was pronounced dead shortly after.

A police spokesman has now said: "The man who was arrested has now been released under investigation.

"Enquiries continue."

To get the latest news straight to your inbox, click here

Senior Investigating Officer DCI Darren Hannant, of the Major Crime Investigation Team, has previously said: “Our investigation into this tragic incident continues and I’d like to thank people living in the local area for their support while we carry out further enquiries at the scene and surroundings.

“His family are being supported at this very difficult time."

Residents on the street have also spoken of their shock at the incident.

If you have information about the incident and haven’t yet spoken with the police, please call 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5221026964.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.