Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
National
Carla Talbot

Killer teen attacked care staff shouting 'I'm out my nut' while high on acid

A teen killer serving 13 years for murder at a Paisley care facility launched a frenzied attack on staff after taking acid he got inside a birthday card.

The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, shouted “I’m out my nut and doing 13 years for murder” while high on LSD and attacked two Kibble workers as they tried to calm him down.

The twisted teen is currently serving his life sentence at the Goudie Street home after being convicted of killing a pensioner in November last year.

He appeared at Paisley Sheriff Court and admitted assaulting Allan Scott and Andrew Stevenson on June 26.

PAISLEY DAILY EXPRESS: Live news as it happens

The court heard how Mr Scott and Mr Stevenson rushed to attend an incident at the Kibble centre’s Islay unit.

They arrived on the scene to find the boy shouting “I’m out my nut” after consuming the Class-A drug, which had been sent to the care facility inside a birthday card.

Depute fiscal Sobia Kidd said: “Around 3.50pm that day they were contacted by radio to attend at an ongoing incident within the centre.

“The accused had received a birthday card that contained acid, which he consumed.

“Witnesses Stevenson and Scott attended at his bedroom and attempted to engage him in conversation.

“He continued to shout and swear and attempted to exit the room.

“He repeatedly shouted ‘I’m in for murder’ and the situation continued to escalate as he then punched witness Stevenson on the right side of the face, causing his head to smack off the door frame. Due to his behaviour he was restrained and the police were called.”

When officers arrived at the Paisley centre, they found the teen still shouting ‘I’m in for murder and I’m out my nut’.

Cops were also forced to handcuff him and place a spit hood over his head as he repeatedly tried to spit on police as they restrained him.

The killer teen admitted to assaulting Mr Stevenson and Mr Scott by punching them on the head on June 26.

He pled guilty to kicking, shouting, swearing and spitting during the incident.

In an another charge, he also admitted assaulting another boy, aged 14, by repeatedly punching him on the head and jumping on his back in an earlier incident on June 13.

The court heard that the unprovoked assault happened after he took exception to the younger boy asking how long it had been since his dad died.

He leapt at the boy and started raining punched on his head before jumping on his back and continuing to punch him in the face.

The teen’s solicitor, Manus Tolland said: “These incidents were only a couple of months after he had been convicted of the murder charge.

“It is almost impossible to say what thoughts were running through his mind.”

Sheriff Sukhwinder Gill told the teen that he was lucky no one was seriously injured.

She said: “It was just sheer luck that the injuries sustained were not more serious. It seems to me you are a young man who is quite handy with your fists.

“You are currently serving a 13-year sentence for murder, so my options are limited here.

She sentenced him to a custodial sentence of eight months.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.