Kerry Katona broke down in tears during an appearance on Sky News while discussing Caroline Flack.
The former Atomic Kitten singer took to Instagram to share private messages between herself and Ms Flack, who is believed to have taken her own life on February 15, just three weeks before her assault trial was due to begin.
The messages revealed Caroline, 40, had reached out to the Warrington-born singer for advice after she allegedly assaulted her boyfriend Lewis Burton back in December.
During her interview on the news channel, Kerry reflected on her 'regret' at making the private correspondence public and said she was "unsure if it was the right thing to do" reports The Mirror.
Kerry said: "In regards to the messages I shared, I don’t know if I did the right thing by putting those messages up on social media."
She then fought back the tears as she added: "Her death cannot be in vain and we have to stand together and show people what it is like for people like me and Caroline in this industry where you make a mistake and you aren’t even allowed to make a mistake in privacy.
"I know how it feels when you lose all your contracts and everybody turns against you. It is horrid and the fact she reached out to me was because fathers for justice were doing to her the same they did to me."
Kerry made comparisons between herself and Caroline and emotionally admitted that her kids 'saved her' from taking her own life.
She candidly shared: "If I didn’t have my children I would have probably done something like Caroline’s done and it is serious as that, like we are in the limelight but if you cut us we bleed, we are not superhuman, I have mental health problems, I have bipolar."
Elsewhere in the chat, the mum-of-five said: "It could have been anybody and thank the lord I am strong enough to not be in that situation but I have wanted to in the past many times."
On Sunday, Kerry posted screenshots of messages online that showed Caroline had reached out to her for support after she was targeted by Fathers4Justice.
The host messaged Katona on Instagram a week after she was charged with assaulting her boyfriend Lewis - which she denied.

The messages revealed that Caroline asked how Kerry had dealt with criticism from Fathers4Justice - which had previously claimed that Katona had “blood on her hands” following the death of her former husband George Kay.
In a private message shared by Katona on Instagram, Caroline wrote: “How did you deal with fathers for justice?”, adding “they are horrible x”.
Days after she was charged over assaulting her boyfriend, the pressure group tweeted about the incident with a photoshopped picture of her holding a sign which said: “This is what a domestic abuser looks like. #abusehasnogender.”
The pair had previously been in contact - with the Atomic Kitten star telling Flack to “look after herself.”
In a series of messages, Kerry urged Caroline to “show them how strong you are”, adding “don’t let the f***ers bring you down.”
A shaken Caroline replied: “Thanks Kerry xxxx. Means lot and I won’t forget it.”
Kerry's former spouse George, father to her five-year-old daughter Dylan-Jorge, died from a suspected overdose last year.
Kerry married the ex-rugby league player in 2014, but split from him only a year later and took out a restraining order against him.
George, 38, died on July 6 last year at the Holiday Inn in Runcorn, Cheshire, following a long history of mental health issues and drug abuse.
A spokesman for Fathers4Justice said: "Fathers4Justice have been running the #AbuseHasNoGender campaign highlighting male victims of domestic abuse for several years.
"The hashtag was shared by Caroline Flack’s former partner, Andrew Brady, in December last year, following Flack’s arrest for assaulting her boyfriend, Lewis Burton.
"We published a draft advert in response to the indisputable facts and her forthcoming trial for assault, given domestic abuse against men is a serious and under-reported issue.
"1 in 3 domestic abuse victims are male. F4J is known for its campaigning work and it is entirely appropriate for us to comment on matters like this and matters of public interest.
"At no time have we broken any social media rules or guidelines.
"It would be inappropriate to comment further, other than to say this is an absolute tragedy and needless loss.
"We should avoid scapegoating or ascribing causes or blame when unaware of the full facts of the situation.
"The Crown Prosecution Service should publish all evidence in the case and an inquiry be held into Ms Flack’s death to establish what lessons can be learnt."