KOZHIKODE: Seventeen more persons on the contact list of the 12-year-old boy from Chathamangalam who had died of Nipah have tested positive for the virus.
State health minister Veena George said on Monday that five of the samples were tested at the National Institute of Virology (NIV), Pune, while the remaining 12 samples were tested at the lab set up at the Kozhikode medical college hospital. With this, the number of contacts who have tested negative so far has touched 140.
She said that setting up the temporary lab at the medical college hospital has helped in expediting the testing of samples. She congratulated the staff of NIV, Pune, NIV, Alappuzha and Kozhikode medical college.