Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Evening Standard
Evening Standard
Entertainment
Ekin Karasin

Katie Price's 'missing' husband Lee Andrews fails to contact her on birthday but follows mystery woman on Instagram

Katie Price was seemingly snubbed by her husband Lee Andrews on her 48th birthday - although the controversial businessman appeared to be active on Instagram.

She said on Wednesday that she is “giving up the search” for Andrews a week after he vanished.

The former glamour model had previously shared fears he’d been kidnapped at the Dubai border while he was trying to get to the UK for their joint GMB interview.

Price was said to be “disgusted and appalled” after Andrews - whom she married in January just days after meeting him - failed to contact her on Friday.

Her inner circle are reportedly horrified by his actions, especially as he apparently followed a mystery woman overnight on social media.

“Katie is disgusted and appalled,” a source told The Sun.

The source added: “Today is her birthday yet she’s heard nothing from her husband but seeing him follow another woman online is just outrageous.”

Insiders claimed Price is shocked that he has followed a woman but hasn’t messaged his wife in over a week.

Andrews had claimed he wouldn’t have access to his phone before going missing.

However, on Thursday night he appeared to follow a woman called Mari Sol, who has around 800 followers and describes herself as a “biker babe” and a “navy veteran”.

She also claims to be part of the Rubicon Disaster Response Team and a special event planner.

A separate source shared fears that Andrews, who has been accused of being a conman, could be “targeting” the woman.

Price said she last spoke to Andrews last Wednesday as he tried to leave Dubai to fly to the UK and has been unable to reach him since.

He has failed to contact her on her birthday (Instagram/Katie Price)
He has failed to contact her on her birthday (Instagram/Katie Price)

The mother-of-five has since claimed that she believes her husband was detained at the Dubai border and kidnapped.

On Tuesday, the TV star shared the last text messages she said she had received from Andrews’ phone.

One message read: “Been arrested, I’ll be in touch I’m ok xx," but then, in another message, Andrews seemingly claimed he had not been arrested at all.

Instead, he claimed he had been put in a van and taken to an unknown location.

According to The Sun, he wrote: “It’s a black site, I love you, I sort it. I’m in the van… just being detained wtf.”

He reportedly asked Price to keep tracking his live location, saying: “Keep that on babe love you.”

She had previously said when she spoke to him on Wednesday he had said he “ties around his hands and was in a van” and his location tracker subsequently went off.

It was reported on Monday that Andrews’ family had filed a missing persons report at the British Embassy in Dubai.

Andrews has faced accusations he is a conman and Price's family have shared their fears about her whirlwind relationship with him in the past.

He has been branded a “liar and a narcissist” by two of his exes.

He has strenuously denied the conman claims along with claims he is unable to leave the United Arab Emirates due to a travel ban.

Andrews was reportedly banned from leaving Dubai after allegedly spending three weeks in a UAE jail over claims he forged an ex-girlfriend’s signature to secure a £200,000 loan, according to the Mail.

It was also alleged that he applied for a mortgage in his ex’s name without her consent. Andrews has denied the claims.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.