Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

Karnataka Ministers not on the same page on SSLC examination?

A file photo of Health & Medical Education Minister K. Sudhakar with Deputy Chief Minister Ashwath Narayan, Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa and Minister for Primary and Higher Education S. Suresh Kumar. (Source: The Hindu)

Primary and Secondary Education Minister S. Suresh Kumar and Health and Medical Education Minister K. Sudhakar, who held separate press conferences on Monday, did not appear to be on the same page on conducting SSLC examinations and reopening schools.

While Mr. Suresh Kumar announced the exam dates earlier, Mr. Sudhakar said he was not aware of which task force the Education Department had consulted before finalising the dates. “I am not aware if the Education Minister consulted the TAC members before announcing the exam dates. I will consult our TAC members and speak to Mr. Suresh Kumar in this regard,” said Mr. Sudhakar.

Hours later, Mr. Suresh Kumar issued a rejoinder stating that the Health Department had been kept in the loop and officials of the department were, in fact, part of the press conference in which he announced the dates of the exam.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.