Jonny Parsons set to make UFC debut vs. Micheal Gillmore on Feb. 26
Jonny Parsons has his first UFC assignment.
On Feb. 26, Parsons (7-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will take on promotional sophomore Micheal Gillmore (6-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in a welterweight bout at a UFC Fight Night event scheduled to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Two people with knowledge of the booking confirmed the matchup to MMA Junkie on Wednesday but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Parsons signed with the promotion after a successful performance on Dana White’s Contender Series when he defeated Solomon Renfro via split decision. The victory extended him winning streak to five.
Gillmore, meanwhile, was signed after a stint on “The Ultimate Fighter,” Season 29 in 2020. On short-notice, Gillmore made his promotional debut against fellow contestant Andre Petroski and lost via third-round stoppage due to strikes.
With the addition, the UFC Fight Night lineup for Feb. 26 includes:
- Beneil Dariush vs. Islam Makhachev
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Marcin Tybura
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Rong Zhu
- Hannah Goldy vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Joel Alvarez vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Victor Altamirano vs. Carlos Hernandez
- Terrance McKinney vs. Fares Ziam
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Ryan Spann
- Gregory Rodrigues vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Alejandro Perez
- Micheal Gillmore vs. Jonny Parsons