
Dozens of rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip at Israel, which responded with strikes that killed a Palestinian, officials said, as a fragile ceasefire again faltered.
Israel said around 90 rockets were fired from the Palestinian enclave and its air defenses intercepted dozens of them.
The army said it had targeted two rocket launchers in Gaza with an air strike in response and its tanks had hit a number of military posts used by Hamas movement that rules the territory.
A Gazan security source said that a series of Israeli strikes hit at least three separate areas of the Gaza Strip and that three "resistance fighters" were wounded.
The Gazan health ministry reported one person killed and several wounded.
No casualties had been reported on the Israeli side.
A ceasefire between Israel and Hamas brokered by Egypt and the United Nations had led to relative calm around Israel's April 9 general election.
But on Tuesday, Israel reduced the offshore fishing limit it imposes for vessels operating out of Gaza after a rocket was fired from the territory.
The rocket fell into the Mediterranean. The Israeli army blamed its launch on Hamas ally Islamic Jihad.
On Thursday, Israel said its aircraft struck a Hamas military compound after balloons carrying firebombs and explosives were launched across the border.
Following the air strike, the Israeli military said two rockets were launched from Gaza toward Israel, setting off sirens in parts of the south.
With the ceasefire at risk, a Hamas delegation led by its Gaza head Yahya Sinwar left the enclave for Cairo on Thursday for talks with Egyptian officials on the truce.