Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
International Business Times
International Business Times
World
Demian Bio

Iranian Demands To End War With U.S. And Israel Appear To Be Little Changed From Previous Ones

Iran's latest demands to end the war appear to be largely unchanged from previous ones as the stalemate in negotiations continue.

Iran's latest demands to end the war appear to be largely unchanged from previous ones as the stalemate in negotiations continue, according to a new report.

Reuters detailed that demands include ending hostilities on all fronts, the exit of U.S. forces from the region and reparations for damages sustained, as well as the lifting of sanctions, the release of frozen funds and an end to the blockade of the Strait of Hormuz.

The outlet went on to recall that the wording is quite similar to a proposal President Donald Trump called "garbage" last week.

The development follows Trump's announcement that he would hold off on a scheduled attack against Iran on Tuesday at the request of Gulf leaders and to give more time for negotiations.

Axios detailed that the request, made by the leaders of the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, was a result of concerns about having their infrastructure targeted by Iran if new strikes took place.

A source with knowledge with the matter said Trump told allies that the Gulf leaders said they didn't "want their oil and energy facilities blown up" by Iranian retaliation.

Trump said in a social media publication on Monday that he was calling off attacks scheduled for Tuesday as "serious negotiations" were taking place.

In the opinion of the Gulf leaders, Trump added, "a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond."

"This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN! Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment's notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached," Trump added.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei had said earlier on Monday that the country gave its response to Pakistan, but clarified the country will not cede on uranium enrichment rights.

"What can be said with certainty is, first of all, that rights are not something we are to negotiate or compromise over," the official said. "There is no need for another party to recognize this right for Iran. This right already exists," he added.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.