Iran is rebuilding its military capabilities faster than expected as the ceasefire with the U.S. and Israel continues and has already resumed the production of drones, according to a new report.
A new U.S. intelligence assessment reported by CNN detailed that Tehran continues to be a large threat to the country's allies in the region should the war resume.
"The Iranians have exceeded all timelines the IC had for reconstitution," an official told the outlet, noting that the country could fully regain its drone attack capabilities in as little as six months.
Support from Russia and China is contributing to the country's ability to rebuild, according to another passage of the assessment, with Beijing providing components that can be used to build missiles. In fact, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told CBS last week that the country is effectively engaging in this conduct, but Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Guo Jiakun rejected this, saying it was not "based on facts."
Another segment claims the U.S. and Israel did not manage to inflict as much damage on the regime as they hoped.
Another report from early May noted that the country has been using the ceasefire to retrieve missiles and other weapons buried underground during hostilities.
Citing people familiar with the matter, NBC News detailed that Tehran is looking to rebuild its military capabilities should hostilities resume.
Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi also said that the country's missile inventory and launcher capacity now exceed prewar levels.
"Every time a diplomatic solution is on the table, the U.S. opts for a reckless military adventure," Araghchi wrote on X amid renewed clashes in the Strait of Hormuz. "Whatever the causes, the outcome is the same: Iranians never bow to pressure and diplomacy is always the victim."
Araghchi directly challenged a confidential CIA assessment first reported Thursday by The Washington Post. According to the report, U.S. intelligence agencies concluded Iran retained roughly 75% of its prewar mobile missile launchers and about 70% of its missile stockpiles despite sustained bombardment since late February.
"The CIA is wrong," Araghchi wrote. "Our missile inventory and launcher capacity are not at 75% compared to Feb. 28. The correct figure is 120%." He added: "As for our readiness to defend our people: 1,000%."
The CIA analysis, according to current and former U.S. officials cited by the Post, also concluded Iran could survive the U.S. naval blockade for at least three to four months before facing more severe economic hardship.