The investigation into a blaze at a derelict nursery is still to begin three weeks on.
On Thursday, January 19, firefighters were called to Scarisbrick New Road and Chambres Road in Southport at around 5.21pm, where they found the building well alight, with flames coming out of the roof. Nearly five hours later, at 10.16pm fire crews were able to leave, having extinguished the fire and made the scene safe.
Now, three weeks on from the blaze, Merseyside Fire and Rescue confirmed it has still be unable to investigate the cause of the fire. A spokesperson told the ECHO: "It has not been possible to carry out a full investigation into the cause of the fire due to the stability and integrity of the building."
Just across the road is Alan, a neighbour who has lived in his home on Chambres Road for 20 years. Speaking to the ECHO the day after the blaze he said: "I saw the blue lights outside and came out.
"I undid the gate for the emergency services because they were trying to get in the other side. The way that people get into the building is over the wall because it's not secure at all.
"The most worrying aspect is that it's already an incredibly dangerous building. They're risking their lives and emergency service workers' lives. Last night the front wall fell down this way but if it had been the back of it it could have hit the building next to it."
The three-storey building is believed to have been left empty for years despite a planning application being approved to turn it into flats.
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here