Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Belfast Live
Belfast Live
National
Sarah Scott & Connor Lynch

Investigation launched after body found in Bangor

An investigation has been launched after a man's body was found in Bangor.

Local residents have expressed their shock, saying that the body was found close to an area where children play.

The PSNI have cordoned off a section of land off Balloo Park, Bangor after a man's body was found.

An investigation has been launched to establish the circumstances of this death, and a post mortem examination is due to take place.

One local resident, who did not wish to be named, said: “We just saw the police cars going past and then heard a body had been found, it was definitely a bit of a shock.

"It’s not nice for something like this to happen on your doorstep. We don’t know if it’s someone has collapsed or if it’s something more sinister.

"It’s awful because the kids would play in those fields. We just hope it’s not someone we know as everyone would know everyone on this estate.

"From what we can see it seems to be in a more secluded bit of that area, kind of down behind the factories.”

A PSNI spokesperson said: "Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the sudden death of a man at Balloo Park in Bangor on Wednesday 14th October.

"A post mortem examination will be carried out in due course to determine the cause of death.

"There are no further details at present."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.