Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Business

Inter Milan defender Nagatomo set to join Galatasaray

FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Japan v Syria - International Friendly - Tokyo Stadium, Tokyo, Japan- 07/06/17 - Japan's Yuto Nagatomo and Syria's Amro Jeniat in action. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo

(Reuters) - Galatasaray are in talks for the loan of Inter Milan veteran defender Yuto Nagatomo, the Turkish top-flight club said on Wednesday.

"Official transfer talks have been started with football player Yuto Nagatomo and his club FC Internazionale Milano regarding the temporary transfer of the player" said the Istanbul-based side in a statement.

The Japan international, capped 101 times, joined the Serie A club from AC Cesena in 2011.

The 31-year-old has made 11 appearances in the league so far this season for Inter, who are currently fourth in the standings on 44 points.

(Reporting by Silvia Recchimuzzi and Oben Mumcuoglu in Gdynia; Editing by Christian Radnedge)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.