
The Iran-backed Houthi militias in Yemen have committed 26 violations in the coastal Hodeidah province in two days, said a coordination cell in the region.
It said that the violations, committed on December 21 and 22, left several people dead or injured.
The violations included sniper attacks and shelling against residential areas and national army positions.
The attacks took place despite a truce going into force in Hodeidah on December 18. The deal was agreed between the legitimate government and Houthis during weeklong consultations in Sweden earlier this month.
Meanwhile, spokesman for the Saudi-led Arab coalition Colonel Turki al-Maliki expressed on Monday the joint command’s support for the United Nations Security Council’s issuing of resolution 2451 that approved dispatching a team to Yemen to oversee the implementation of the Sweden agreement.
He stressed that the resolution confirms Yemeni territorial unity and underlines the agreement reached in Stockholm.
Moreover, he told a press conference in Riyadh that the Houthis have committed 138 violations of the deal since the truce went into effect last week.