Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Orlando Sentinel
Orlando Sentinel
Business
Dewayne Bevil

Hong Kong Disneyland shutting down again this week

Hong Kong Disneyland theme park will close down again because of the coronavirus pandemic, the company announced Monday.

"As required by the government and health authorities in line with prevention efforts taking place across Hong Kong, Hong Kong Disneyland will temporarily closed from July 15," a Walt Disney Co. spokesperson said. The resort's hotels will remain open at "adjusted levels of service," the spokesperson said.

Hong Kong Disneyland's second shutdown comes amid Walt Disney World's phased reopening of its theme parks. Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom park's reopened to the public amid new restrictions and attendance capacity on Saturday; Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios are scheduled to reopen Wednesday.

Hong Kong Disneyland had reopened on June 18, after closing in late January.

Disney's theme parks in Shanghai and Japan are open, but its parks in California remain shuttered. The Downtown Disney District, a shopping and entertainment complex adjacent to the California attractions, started reopening last week.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.