The famous piano located in the heart of Dublin's busy Heuston station has seen an artistic update.
The new design by Sarah Edmondson is a celebration of multi-culturalism in contemporary Irish society and has seen the musical instrument change completely. The instrument is now mainly black and white.
The slogan "Music Can Take You Anywhere" remains on the piano despite the changes, which is primarily made up of different hands and feet throughout the design. Irish Rail have said the design also celebrates the opening up of spaces following the pandemic.
They said: "Welcome to our new #Heuston Piano. Beautifully illustrated by artist Sarah Edmondson. It is a celebration of diversity and multi-culturalism in contemporary Irish society and our joy at being able to travel and share communal spaces again."
The piano is famous for having been played by the likes of Dublin singer Gavin James and going viral thanks to talented musicians. It is looked after and tuned by Murphy piano tuning which also curates the piano in other stations and Dublin Airport.
- Club bangers Irish millennials loved in the 2000s
- '00s celebs partying in Dublin clubs
- Dubliner boyband star Siva Kaneswaran joins Dancing On Ice line-up
- Conor McGregor Instagram earnings revealed as MMA star tops Irish celebs
- Colin Farrell opens up about loss as he attends Dublin premiere of The Banshees of Inisherin