Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Times of India
The Times of India
National
TNN

HC seeks reply from Rajasthan govt on planned land deed campaign

JAIPUR: A division bench of Rajasthan high court on Thursday issued notices to the state government and sought its reply by October 18 for making provisions for granting lakhs of lease deeds by ignoring the master plan under ‘Prashasan Sheharon Ke Sang’.

The bench comprising Justice Sabina and Justice Manoj Vyas gave the order while hearing a public interest litigation (PIL) filed by Gitesh Khanna.

Counsel Neerja Khanna told the court that the campaign was being organised by the state government in all districts of the state from October 2.

Under the campaign, a target had been set to give land leases to lakhs of people.

The petition mentioned that the master plan had been ignored. A drafted parallel master plan had been prepared by the state government to do away with the provisions of the initial master plan.

"At the same time, it is being implemented without approval. Also, to facilitate the beneficiaries, the government has also amended other related laws and thus relaxed multi-storey buildings and kutcha settlements," Khanna said in the court.

"Thus, it is not only contrary to the present master plan, but also against the decision of the chief bench of the high court in a PIL," Khanna said.

He added that under the campaign, there was a plan to regularise the encroachers, who had illegally occupied kutcha settlements, by giving them lease deeds.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.