The arrival of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's baby girl has cleared the way for Harry to attend the unveiling of a statue of Princess Diana at Kensington Palace.
The Duchess of Cambridge had been prepared to step in to be by her husband’s side on July 1 if Harry could not make the trip due to the imminent arrival of his second child.
But Meghan and Harry's second child and little sister to their two-year-old son Archie, Lilibet, was born on Friday June 4 at 11.40am at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in California.
Harry, 36, and brother Prince William, 38, will unveil the exhibit they have been working on and designing since 2017.
He has confirmed to aides he will be attending the ceremony next month, despite concerns he might not have been able to do so in person.

A plinth for the statue has been laid in the palace’s Sunken Garden, said to be Diana’s favourite spot in the grounds.
In 2017, the 20th anniversary of her death, the spot was transformed into a tribute to Diana, with a display of her favourite flowers including white roses and lilies, tulips and daisies.
Sean Harkin, Kensington Palace’s head gardener, said the choice of flowers reflected Diana’s love of cream and white blooms.

Harry will be required to produce a negative Covid test before he arrives, and take two more when in the UK.
He may be forced to quarantine for 10 days at his Frogmore Cottage home, in the grounds of the Windsor estate, just as he did when he returned for Philip’s funeral.
But he could release himself from quarantine if he produces a negative test on the fifth day of his stay.

A source said: “Harry has said he will do his utmost to be there. He wants to put on a united front with William and pay an appropriate tribute to their mother.”
Harry’s decision, along with his wife Meghan to call their newborn daughter Lilibet - who will be known as Lili - after the Queen’s affectionate nickname she was given by her grandfather George V as a child after she had trouble pronouncing Elizabeth, has left the monarch “delighted”.
Palace insiders hope the joyous news will “go a long way” to start to help heal the fractured relationship between the Duke and his family, after he has spent the last few months accusing the family of racism and abandonment in television interviews after quitting royal life and setting up home in the US.