Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
National
Bradley Jolly & Milo Boyd

Hackney 'acid attack' victim says 'you should have killed me' in Snapchat message

An acid attack victim allegedly took to social media to share a selfie saying the yobs that maimed him 'should have killed him.'

In the widely shared photo, the man in his 20s can be seen smiling at the camera.

A caption reads: "You f *  up, you should’ve killed me…. Long.. Snm.”

The term "Snm" is a slang abbreviation for “Say no more”.

There are also emojis of a red cross followed by baseball cap in the photograph.

The Snapchat message was widely shared (News Dog Media)

And social media users have claimed the photograph was published by the victim to promise retribution against his attackers.

On Friday evening two hooded men threw corrosive substance at the passengers of a in the sports saloon car which had been been smashed up.

As they hurl the acid at their victims, the thugs are heard shouting "P***YHOLE! P***YHOLE!"

A man appears to throw acid into the car (News Dog Media)

The man pictured on Snapchat is thought to be one of two men rushed to hospitals following the attack in Hackney, east London.

The victims are believed to be in non-life threatening conditions.

One of the victims begins to rip his clothes off (News Dog Media)

A new video, which also emerged yesterday, shows the victims frantically get out of their car and flail around in agony.

The men are seen stripping off their clothes, writhing and screaming in pain before the video cuts to an end.

Witnesses said that a car chase had taken place just before the attack, with one vehicle being driven off the road into a wall.

Good Samaritans rushed to help the men (News Dog Media)

Met Police are still investigating and have made no arrests.

A spokesman said: "Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. At the scene two males, aged 20s, were found suffering from substance burns.

"Both injured males were taken to east London hospitals where their condition was assessed as non-life threatening.

Water was douses on the victims to stop the acid burning their skin (News Dog Media)

"Officers from Hackney are investigating.

"No arrests have been made."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.