The Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) will decide on Thursday how to argue against the Central Administrative Court's ruling that the selection of its secretary-general Korntip Daroj is unlawful.
PACC chairman Kitti Limchaikij said the commission has reviewed the court ruling and various legal issues.
However, it agreed to postpone its consideration until today when Worawit Sukboon, secretary-general of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), was able to join the meeting.
According to Mr Kitti, the PACC has to choose what points should be raised in mounting its main argument to underpin an appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court.
This comes after the Central Administrative Court ruled last week that the selection of Lt Col Kornthip on Sept 4 of last year to serve as the PACC secretary-general was unlawful and should be revoked.
It was unlawful because the board failed to notify the secretary-general of the NACC, who is an ex-member of the PACC board, of the meeting, which was in breach of regulations.
But the court said the selection would only be nullified only if the Supreme Administrative Court upholds its ruling. That means Lt Col Korntip can retain the post pending the final ruling.
Lt Col Korntip previously served as the PACC's deputy secretary-general.
His appointment was challenged by Chadchai Yod-udom, another PACC deputy secretary-general, who was also a candidate for the job.
The absence of the NACC secretary-general from the panel that selected the PACC chief reportedly allowed Mr Kitti to cast the deciding ballot as the vote was split down the middle, with three in favour of Lt Col Korntip and three opting for Mr Chadchai.
Mr Chadchai asked the court to nullify the decision and the National Legislative Assembly's endorsement of it in November of last year.