The government has no objection if Bangkok is picked to host another summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump, according to Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon.
However, Gen Prawit said no one has contacted the government to discuss the issue. The first summit was held in Singapore on June 12 last year.
CNN has reported that Bangkok, Hanoi and Hawaii were visited by White House scouting teams in search of a location for a second summit. It cited a source familiar with the planning process.
On Sunday, Mr Trump said the US is discussing a location with Mr Kim and the two had spoken "indirectly".