Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

Governor holds discussions with top officials on COVID-19

Governor Vajubhai Vala holding talks with officials at Raj Bhavan in Benglauru on Monday. (Source: Special Arrangement)

Governor Vajubhai Vala on Monday held discussions on the present COVID-19 situation in Karnataka with Chief Secretary P. Ravi Kumar and Health and Family Welfare Department Additional Chief Secretary Javed Akhtar at Raj Bhavan.

The Governor called both officials and held discussions on the steps taken by the government to contain the pandemic. They have submitted a detailed report on COVID-19 and steps by the government to contain the disease, an official press release from the Raj Bhavan said.

During a video-conference with Chief Ministers last week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told State governments to hold webinars chaired by Governors of the respective States to communicate messages to officials of local levels and the public on containment of COVID-19 cases at the micro-level.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.