Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Sport

Golf-Johnson withdraws from AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am to rest

FILE PHOTO: January 9, 2021; Maui, Hawaii, USA; Dustin Johnson hits his tee shot on the fourth hole during the third round of the Sentry Tournament of Champions golf tournament at Kapalua Resort - The Plantation Course. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

World number one Dustin Johnson, fresh off his triumph at the European Tour's Saudi International, has withdrawn from this week's AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, his manager said on Tuesday.

Johnson, whose latest win marked his ninth European Tour title, felt it would be best to enjoy a week at home before competing at the Feb. 18-21 Genesis Invitational and Feb. 25-28 World Golf Championships at The Concession.

"Other than being a bit jet lagged, he is feeling great and looking forward to the weeks ahead," Johnson's agent David Winkle said in a statement.

"While he is disappointed to miss the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, which is always one of his favorite weeks, he feels his decision is for the best."

Johnson won the Saudi International for a second time in three years after he closed with a two-under-par 68 to finish at 15-under, two shots ahead of his fellow American Tony Finau and Englishman Justin Rose.

Since picking up his second major title with a victory at the Masters last November, Johnson's only PGA Tour start came at last month's Sentry Tournament of Champions in Kapalua where he finished in a share of 11th place.

(Reporting by Frank Pingue in Toronto, editing by Pritha Sarkar)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.