A knifeman who injured at least six people in Glasgow yesterday was violently unhinged and angry the night before the attack, it is claimed.
Armed police shot and killed a suspect during the bloody rampage, which happened at the Park Inn Hotel yesterday afternoon.
Campaigners for refugees' rights now say staff had been warned that the attacker was dangerous.
According to Sky News, the attacker, said to be Sudanese, had become erratic and other people staying at the hotel had become scared of him.
A liaison officer relayed these concerns to staff at the hotel at 11pm the night before the stabbing, Sky reports.
The attacker, who is thought to have spoken to an immigration solicitor shortly before the knife rampage, is said to have become angry with living conditions at the hotel - with noise causing him particular upset.
Among those seriously injured was police officer PC David Whyte, who was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
Ako Zada, who campaigns for refugees’ rights, said many asylum seekers had been moved into hotels and all spending money was taken from them, the Daily Record reports.
They were all given three poor standard meals per day, Mr Zada continued.
The “dehumanising” and “humiliating” conditions had left some residents depressed, he added.
And he claimed he heard from those staying at the 91-room hotel that one resident had threatened serious violence against reception staff.
Mr Zada, of the Kurdish and Scottish link group Zados, said: “I was told that the hotel had been warned that one man had been pushed over the edge and was a great danger to staff.
“I have not had it confirmed that the hotel knew but that was what I was told.
“We have been aware of very high tensions during lockdown and many people suffer from mental health trouble because of this.”

Positive Action in Housing criticised private housing provider Mears Group, which is subcontracted by the Home Office, for moving refugees from self-contained accommodation to hotels during lockdown.
And Mr Zada said: “Mears claims that this was somehow to make it safer for people but I don’t know how you can move from a small flat to a large hotel with more than 100 residents and that be safer.
“I believe that at least 300 and maybe 500 were moved recently. The reports we received were about poor standard food and there have been refusals to eat the food in the last few weeks.
“When people have been moved into hotels, all cash has been taken from them. That is dehumanising. It is humiliating.

“The tension of lockdown and the absence of proper social distancing will all be taking its toll.
“The hotels have been overcrowded and this is certain to lead to depression.
“It is OK to live in a hotel for a few weeks but not for months.
“People have been forced to share bathrooms. We have made complaints to the Scottish Refugee Council and the Scottish Government but things have got worse instead of better.”
Last month, Mears Group made a statement after one hotel resident died in a suspected drug overdose.
It said hotels were being used in lockdown “to create a safe environment to greatly reduce the spread of Covid-19 among asylum seekers in Glasgow”.

Nicola Sturgeon yesterday referred to tensions which surfaced in Glasgow’s George Square amid protests about the living conditions of refugees.
At least six people were arrested on June 17 after far-right thugs targeted the rally.
Asked about the hotel being used to house asylum seekers, Sturgeon said: “Clearly there have been some tensions in Glasgow as there have been in other parts of the UK in recent times.
“But I want to send a message to people across Glasgow and Scotland – when dreadful things like this happen, they should remind us of what unites us and not what divides us.”
Last night, Mears said it was referring all inquiries to the Home Office “as this is an ongoing police operation”.
A Home Office spokesman said: “We are aware of an incident at West George Street in Glasgow, which is currently being investigated by the police.”
Later the group released a statement which said: "Mears Group is deeply saddened and shocked by the tragic events in the heart of Glasgow today. We are contracted by the Home Office to provide housing and support services to asylum seekers in Scotland.
"We will not anticipate a live police investigation, but we can confirm that the attack happened in a hotel where we are housing asylum seekers during the lockdown period.
"We will provide more details as we are able to and our priority is to look after the welfare of our service users who will no doubt be traumatised by this terrible event.
"Tonight, we also think of the staff in the hotel and our colleagues at the scene – all are in our thoughts."