A seven-year-old girl who is partially blind has been confirmed as missing - two years after she vanished from her home.
Harmony Montgomery was last seen in October 2019 when she was just five-years-old.
However police were only alerted about the little girl last week, whose family had fought shortly before her disappearance.
It has not been revealed who reported the child missing in a 911 call to authorities, however it has been confirmed that officers were among those last to see the little girl.
Police have also insisted that they are launching a rescue mission not a recovery one, believing that she is still alive, according to the Mirror.
At a news conference in Manchester, in the US state of New Hampshire, on Monday, which was broadcast on Facebook, Police Chief Allen Aldenberg said questions over why it has taken two years for the vision-impaired youngster to be reported missing were "fair" and that it was also part of the investigation.
He also acknowledged officers were "two years behind the power curve" and that the delay was "extremely concerning."
“Where Harmony should’ve been and who she should have been with, she’s not with them,” he said.
“And that’s why we’re doing this.”
Chief Aldenberg did not give any further details on who is was referring to but confirmed officers have spoken with Harmony's family.

He added: "Somebody out there knows something. It’s time for people to do the right thing. Someone needs to call in.”
Police searched the back garden and home in New Hampshire where Harmony lived with her father before she was last seen in 2019.
Officers said the current owner of the property has no involvement in the girl's disappearance.
Kevin Montgomery, Harmony’s great-uncle, claimed he last saw her in 2019 during a quarrel with her family which divided them.

He told The Daily Beast : “Then the pandemic hit and I just assumed Harmony and that side of the family was okay.
"I was worried, of course, but assumed everything was okay because I had not heard anything.”
Harmony and her younger brother Jamison, aged 5, spent their early childhood in the foster care system.
Little Jamison was adopted by Boston 25 reporter Blair Miller who said he wanted to adopted Harmony as well but was told she had been reunited with her father Adam Montgomery.
Manchester Police have set up a tip line and are offering a reward of US $12,500 to anyone with information which could help locate the missing girl.
They said Harmony was last enrolled in school in Massachusetts in 2019 but the town is not known at this stage.

She is described as 4ft tall, weighing 50lbs, with blonde hair, blue eyes and glasses due to being blind in her right eye.
Police said several people had filed reports of her disappearance of which they were informed through the Division of Children Youth and Families in New Hampshire, reports MailOnline.
Her mother Crystal Sorey appeared to post on Facebook that she had filed multiple claims of abuse and neglect while her daughter was in the custody of her father, according to the publication.
The post read: "Myself and her family have filed dozens of reports of abuse and neglect and nothing was done until I called police and wrote a letter to the NH mayor.
"This is all I will say until I am allowed to say more cuz I will not hinder my daughters investigation."
Mr Montgomery has not been accused of any crime and has not publicly commented about his daughter.
Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond - Sign up to our daily newsletter here.