Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Sport
Sarah Rendell

Gary Neville doesn't like Man Utd's "basic" new home kit which includes new sponsor

Former Manchester United star Gary Neville has labelled the club's new home kit "basic" and says it "doesn't tap into the heritage" of the Premier League side.

Details of the kit were leaked earlier this month and the updated shirt, which shows new sponsor Team Viewer which has replaced Chevrolet, has divided opinion among fans.

The 'leaked' kit was first reported by Footy Headlines and they also displayed images of the club's new away kit which could be a fan favourite as the design is inspired by United's 1991-93 away shirt.

And Neville has shared his thoughts on the prospective new look.

He tweeted: "I tend to love every United home kit but I don’t like this one at all! ( if it is the home kit ) Am I being harsh?

"Sponsor isn’t right, arms aren’t right and just feels basic without tapping into heritage. Agree or not"

Fans showed how divisive the new kit is in response to the social media post.

One wrote "pretty much a Sunday league kit with a United badge slapped on it" while another completely disagreed and said "this is miles better than any of those horrendous Chevrolet shirts".

What do you think of United's new home kit? Comment below

United will reportedly wear the kit in the 2021/22 campaign where manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be aiming to secure his first piece of silverware since taking charge of the club in 2018.

The club came close to lifting their first trophy since 2017 as they finished second in the Premier League and lost the Europa League final on penalties in the 20/21 season.

In a bid to boost their chances the side are looking to sign some players in the upcoming transfer window.

The hotly anticipated deal with Borussia Dortmund and England star Jadon Sancho is reportedly nearly over the line with both clubs in the process of agreeing a fee for the player.

And United also have interest in Tottenham and England captain Harry Kane who is said to be leaving the London club this summer.

They will have competition in signing the striker, most notably from rivals Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.

But any deal with the star will be made after the Euros are finished on July 11, according to England boss Gareth Southgate.

He said: "What’s going on at his club is a matter for him and Tottenham.

“He’s obviously made some statements in the last few days, so in many respects that’s out of the way now. I’m talking across the board here.

“I think it’s very unlikely that transfer deals will be done while we’re away."

Kane skippered the side that defeated Croatia 1-0 in their opener and will face Scotland on Friday in their second group match.

If Southgate's side can get a win over the Scots they will secure themselves a last-16 spot.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.