Gareth Bale’s apparent move to Tottenham Hotspur looks to have moved a step closer this evening.
The Real Madrid star continues to be heavily linked with a return to his former club, with a season-long loan from suggested.
Manchester United have previously been linked with a move for the Real Madrid forward, and he was also thought to be close to a move to China last season.
However, in an explosive TV interview while on international duty, Bale hit out at Madrid for "blocking everything at the last second" when he tried to move to China.
Now, according to Sky Sports, Bale is waiting in the Spanish capital to be given the green light to board a private jet to London to complete a deal to rejoin Spurs on a temporary basis.
The report goes on to state that progress on the deal is moving slowly, but adds that all parties a confident that it will be completed.
It has also been claimed that Bale will not be up to full fitness for a month, but the player has heart set on returning to north London.
Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told BBC Wales on Tuesday: "Gareth still loves Spurs. We are talking [Spurs, Real and Bale's camp]. It's where he wants to be."
He then told AFP on Wednesday morning: "It's close but not done. It's a complicated deal."
All parties are hopeful that a deal can be tied up for the move, with Tottenham looking for a loan deal while picking up a chunk of his huge wages, reported to be around £600,000-a-week before tax.
The Welshman has been recovering from a knee injury picked up on international duty, which is not believed to be serious.