Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Sport
Gareth Bicknell

Gareth Bale agent issues response after latest Zinedine Zidane snub

Gareth Bale's agent has responded to the Real Madrid star's latest snub by Zinedine Zidane, labelling it 'a shame'.

Jonathan Barnett said he hoped Wales star Bale would 'keep playing' for Madrid - but that seems increasingly unlikely after boss Zidane left him out of the squad for a second successive La Liga game.

Bale won't travel with the squad for Sunday's game away to Real Sociedad, having also missed last week's 3-2 win at home to Villarreal.

He has been linked with a return to the Premier League, with Manchester United and former club Tottenham possible suitors.

However, with three years left to run on his contract, the 29-year-old who joined Madrid for £90m in 2013 won't come cheap.

Gareth Bale could be moved on to make room for Eden Hazard (Action Plus via Getty Images)

Richest young sports stars in UK revealed as Premier League stars lead the way

Barnett expressed his disappointment at Bale being left out in the cold for a second week running.

"It's a shame Bale is not playing," he told Goal .

"Should he be playing more after being left out of the last two squad lists? I can only hope that he keeps playing for Real Madrid. But that's up to Mr Zidane.

"Zidane makes the decision. Is this (Bale being axed) a message ahead of the next transfer market? You'd have to ask the coach."

Real Madrid make Marco Asensio transfer decision amid Liverpool 'interest'

At a press conference on Saturday, Zidane refused to discuss Bale's future or Barnett's comments.

"No, I don't want to answer. I'm the coach of Real Madrid and [Barnett] does his job," he said.

"I have to think about the game, playing well, that's what worries me. I won't tell you anything about [the conversation]. Private conversations are private.

"It's what I have to do with all of the players, but it stays internal. With the players I talk about other things, not just their futures."

Zinedine Zidane appears keen to move Bale on (JAVIER LOPEZ/EPA-EFE/REX)

Paul Pogba's agent Mino Raiola handed WORLDWIDE transfer ban

It is thought that Real are keen to move Bale on in order to make room for Chelsea's Eden Hazard, who is hotly tipped to move to the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.