Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading

French police release man detained over horse killings

Horses stand in an enclosure at the location of a meeting between local authorities, elected officials and horse breeders whose animals have been victims of mutilation attacks in Plailly, France, September 7, 2020. Thomas Samson/Pool via REUTERS

A 50-year-old jobless man arrested on Monday in eastern France as part of an investigation into a spate of horse killings has been released without charge, a police source said on Tuesday.

"The suspect's custody has been lifted", the source told Reuters.

French police and judicial sources said on Monday the man had been taken into custody as part of the investigation into a spate of killings and mutilations of horses across the country.

His arrest came after police published a facial composite of one suspect.

(Reporting by Nicolas Delame and Matthieu Protard; Editing by Gareth Jones)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.