Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Independent UK
The Independent UK
Lifestyle
Holly Bishop

Former Strictly star announced as It Takes Two host is ‘over the moon’ at new role

A former Strictly Come Dancing star who has just been announced as the new host of It Takes Two says she is “over the moon” with her new role.

Ellie Taylor previously served as a contestant on the BBC show in 2022, partnered with new main show host Johannes Radebe, where she placed eighth.

In an Instagram announcement on Saturday (15 August), Taylor, who is best known for her role in Ted Lasso and presenting Bake Off: The Professionals, said she was “pumped” to get started in September.

“I am absolutely over the moon to once again be part of the Strictly cinematic universe, and this time, thankfully, in a way which means I don’t need to worry about my heel leads.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.