Charlie Adam reckons Jason Cummings could land a stunning return to Scotland or Europe if he continues his fine form in Australia.
The former Rangers and Hibs striker has become a key player Down Under at Central Coast Mariners with his goal-scoring return earning him a place in Graham Arnold's Socceroos squad for the World Cup finals in Qatar. The duo played together at Dundee with the former Scotland midfielder branded him a 'great lad' and a character that football needs.
It's been a solid start so far this campaign with six goals and three assists in just 11 apperances in the A-League this term. It takes his overall tally to 16 goals in 32 games which is a strike rate of one goal every two games. Adam - who enjoyed success north and south of the border at the likes of Rangers, Liverpool and Blackpool - believes that kind of form could alert clubs to make a play to bring him back from Australia.
READ MORE : Rangers transfer roundup as Morgan Whittaker bid latest emerges amid Michael Beale signings timeline
Speaking to Grosvenor Sport, he said: "I think we could possibly see Jason back in Scotland. I spoke to Jason the other day and he's loving Australia. It's been a great experience for him.
"His big goal when he was with me at Dundee was to get in the national team and playing in the World Cup was another added bonus for him. If he keeps scoring goals then there will be opportunities for him to come back to Europe.
"But he could also end up going to Saudi Arabia or wherever he wants. People portray Jason as a joker but he's a good guy, trains well and can score goals.
" He's a great lad and was great for the dressing room [at Dundee]. Football needs characters like Jason Cummings."
- Michael Beale reveals Rangers transfer 'enquiries' as he lifts lid on Nicolas Raskin and Morgan Whittaker
- Nicolas Raskin Rangers medical 'complete' as Michael Beale transfer admission in contrast
- Barry Ferguson in Rangers scouting mission as he gives verdict on three transfer targets
- Amad Diallo continues post-Rangers success with award as he reveals best player he's played with
- Michael Beale reveals Kemar Roofe Rangers injury timeline as he makes 'very close' transfers update