Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock has tested positive for coronavirus.
The Championship club have confirmed that Warnock will be spending a period in isolation in accordance with government guidelines.
After displaying mild symptoms, Warnock is understood to be in good spirits, but will not be taking charge of Boro’s game against Bournemouth.
Warnock had already sat out Tuesday’s Carabao Cup defeat to Barnsley, watching from the stands with assistant manager Kevin Blackwell and first-team coach Ronnie Jepson in charge.
Jepson also carried out media duties post-match.
The rest of Boro’s coaching staff are understood to have tested negative, meaning they are free to take charge of the game against Bournemouth.
Under government guidelines, former Leeds United manager Warnock must self-isolate for 10 days after he first got symptoms.
That means the 71-year-old may also miss the trip to his former club, QPR, on September 26.
A Middlesbrough club statement said the club were looking forward to welcoming their manager back.
They said: “The club can confirm that our manager Neil Warnock has returned a positive test for COVID-19 and will be spending a period in isolation in accordance with guidelines.
“Neil is in good spirits and we look forward to welcoming him back after his period in isolation.”
Boro have played three matches so far this season, suffering back-to-back defeats against Watford in the Championship and Barnsley in the EFL Cup.
They began their campaign with a 4-3 victory over Shrewsbury Town in the first round of the EFL Cup.