Former Everton boss Ronald Koeman has revealed he postponed a cardiac check-up only weeks before he suffered heart problems.
The ex-Blues manager underwent a heart procedure earlier this month after complaining of chest pains.
Koeman was in hospital for four days after undergoing a cardiac catheterisation but is now on the mend and has spoken for the first time about the ordeal.
And the 57-year-old says he put off a heart check-up just weeks before the incident because of the coronavirus crisis.
Sign up for the Liverpool ECHO daily Everton newsletter HERE
"It was really weird because I had scheduled the check-up because my father had died of a heart attack but because of the corona crisis it was postponed to June 4,'" Koeman told RTL television this week.
"Now I wonder how many people from whom such an appointment has been postponed are no longer alive.
"In retrospect, I realise that I was lucky."
Koeman continued: "I am on medication and I am working with the physiotherapist three times a week. I went to the cardiologist this morning and everything was in order."