
NSW has recorded 360 new COVID-19 cases and five deaths overnight.
90.4 per cent of the population aged over 16 years has now received a first dose of the vaccine while 74 per cent are double-dosed.
There are 766 people being treated in hospitals for COVID-19, with 155 of them in ICU.
There were 88,988 tests conducted yesterday.
The case numbers today are the first time the state has seen a drop below 400 cases a day since August 13.
Yesterday, the state began the process of re-opening, with its first stage of eased restrictions.
Today, Premier Dominic Perrottet and Treasurer Matt Kean announced a package to support business.
Mr Perrottet said Tuesday's announcement was "all about confidence".
"Last year, as we came through the pandemic, business confidence was key - was crucial - to driving economic growth, to ensuring that businesses continued to employ and bring people on," he said.
Eligible businesses with an annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million will be able to apply for a grant of up to $20,000 to compensate for loss of perishable stock, or claim $10,000 for reduced capacity to sell non-perishable items if they are impacted by a lockdown.
"As we head into the summer months and Christmas trade ... businesses can go out and invest in their businesses, buy stock to get going and we know there has been concern in relation to lockdown," the premier said.
He insisted any future lockdown would be "a last resort, not a first resort" .
- with Australian Associated Press