
Another four warrants have been issued for suspects in connection with deadly violence between two rival motorcycle-taxi stands in Bang Na district on Saturday.
The additional warrants bring the total number issued to seven.
The new warrants were approved by the Phra Khanong Provincial Court on Sunday against Pramuk Wichian-dilokkun, Pansak Palasap, Manop Mingmongkol and Jirapong Wiboonratchakit.
So far, two have been arrested — Mr Manop and Mr Pansak,
The three issued previously were for Piya Puangkasorn, Wanchai Mongkolkhem and Rangsan Sornchaiyakorn, who were all caught.
Officers meanwhile apprehended another man, Charoen Charoenpol, who was found to be unlawfully in possession of a handgun when they raided five locations connected to the suspects.
According to police, Mr Jirapong, an emergency response worker, was said to have used a gun during the brawl, in which two people were injured and one, a Kerry Express driver identified as Weerawat Phuengkhut, was killed
Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) chief Suthipong Wongpin said on Monday the hunt for the suspects still at large was ongoing and efforts to unravel the circumstances surrounding the violence has been stepped up.
Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has instructed police to bring about a swift resolution to the case.
Citing Gen Prawit, Defence Ministry spokesman Kongcheep Tantravanich said the deputy premier urged police to give tackling illegal firearms and war weapons top priority.
“This sort of violence must not happen again,” Lt Gen Kongcheep quoted Gen Prawit as saying.