
An explosion caused fire within a container on board a ship at Jebel Ali Port and was brought under control, Dubai Media Office (DMO) said on Wednesday.
It said no casualties have been reported.
This came after DMO announced earlier on Twitter that firefighters were tackling the blaze.
It also said it was "taking all necessary measures to ensure the normal movement of ships in the port continues without any disruption"
Witnesses in residential areas between 15 km and 22 km from Jebel Ali had heard the blast, according to Reuters.
Dubai police said three of the 130 containers on the ship held flammable materials and that there were 14 crew on board.
Jebel Ali port handled 13.5 million shipping containers in 2020, down 4.4% year-on-year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.