A large fire this evening ripped through three empty shop units destroyed four years ago in the infamous New Ferry explosion.
Crews were called to the four units on Bebington Road as flames spread through the building once decimated by the blast in 2017.
Firefighters arrived at the precinct at 7.39pm to find a significant blaze well alight on the first and second floor.
Three appliances attended the scene and an aerial ladder was used to get access above the fire.
The official cause has not been confirmed, but it is widely believed to be arson.
Nearby traders said the units affected are the former pawnbrokers, charity shop, second hand clothes shop and baby clothes store.

Locals said the fire left large plumes of black smoke drifting across the district.
Christopher Lee-Power, who lives close by, told the ECHO: "It's awful seeing this, particularly given what happened four years ago and that awful atrocity.
"The flames of this fire could have easily have spread if it had been a windy night, and we could have been looking at something far more serious.
"This is a shame, and I'm sad it has happened."
Ann Grimes, landlady of the nearby Cleveland Arms said: "I've been petitioning the council for a long time to try and make these derelict units safe, but I wasn't listened to.
"Some small hoardings were put up, but it's not enough."
The explosion, on March 25, 2017, was caused by Pascal Blasio who deliberately blew up his Wirral furniture store.
The resulting explosion at Homes in Style injured 81 people and caused devastation to nearby homes and businesses.
Wirral council is now pushing ahead with plans for up to 79 homes and more than 1,000 square metres of retail space in and around the road where the blast took place.
It is understood that the remaining derelict buildings left behind by the blast are earmarked for demolition as part of the regeneration plan and once the council has finalised key agreements it will demolish the whole block and clear it for redevelopment.
Cllr Anita Leech, chair of Wirral Council’s economy and regeneration committee, recently said: "The council has made good progress, through an investment of more than £1.3m, on acquiring pockets of land across the three sites and now is the time for us to conclude the purchase of the remaining land.
“This is essential to avoid any delays in appointing a development partner to bring these much-needed regeneration plans to fruition as quickly as possible.”