Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Football London
Football London
Sport
Daniel Orme

Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic clarifies future amid Tottenham transfer interest

Dusan Vlahovic has announced that he is set to stay with Fiorentina despite being linked with a move to Tottenham throughout the summer.

It was previously reported that Spurs had their eyes on the Serbian hitman as Fabio Paratici attempted to bolster the club’s attack ahead of the 2021/22 campaign.

It was also suggested that Vlahovic was set to be brought in as a partner for Harry Kane rather than as a replacement, despite the England captain being strongly linked with a switch to Manchester City at the time.

Considering the forward’s 21-goal haul in Serie A last season, he appeared to be the perfect foil for the Spurs frontman this season. He has also started the new campaign in excellent form too, having struck three goals in as many games in all competitions at the start of the season for La Viola.

However, he now appears highly unlikely to be bringing those goalscoring talents to north London this summer at the very least with the 21-year-old having confirmed his future lies in Italy.

Speaking to Sky Sport, Vlahovic said: “I’ve received top proposals this summer, really big also for the club but I was never pushing to leave. I wanted to stay at Fiorentina … and I’m staying, yes.”

The news will of course be a big blow to Spurs, who are still aiming to bring in some attacking recruits before the closure of the transfer window on Tuesday.

Lautaro Martinez celebrates after scoring for Inter Milan. (Photo by Emmanuele Ciancaglini/Getty Images)

football.london understands that the club agreed a fee with Inter Milan for Argentine forward Lautaro Martinez but with Romelu Lukaku having departed for Chelsea, the Serie A champions now appear unlikely to sell another element of their attack.

Giuseppe Marotta, CEO of Inter Milan, recently confirmed that Martinez was set to stay at the San Siro.

Speaking to DAZN, he said: "Lautaro Martinez has decided to stay at Inter, he strongly wants to stay also with many clubs approaching us with official bids to sign Lautaro. We’re so proud."

It remains to be seen whether Spurs will be able to secure the services of a striker in the closing days of the transfer window, but they have managed to retain Harry Kane.

Whilst he is yet to get off the mark in the Premier League, he recently scored his first goals of the season in a UEFA Europa Conference League play-off victory against Pacos de Ferreira.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.