Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

FBI releases video of Loop bank robbery suspect

The FBI is looking for a man who robbed a Chase bank in the Loop May 22, 2019. | FBI

Federal authorities are asking the public for help in the search for a man who robbed a Chase bank earlier this year in the Loop.

The man entered the bank about 5 p.m. May 22 at 35 W. Wacker Drive and gave the teller a note that said he had a bomb in a suitcase, according to Chicago police and the FBI. The teller gave him an unknown amount of money before he fled on foot.

Surveillance video released Friday by the FBI shows the suspect has a “distinctive gait.”

He is described as a man in his 40s or 50s with a heavy build, the FBI said. He wore a white shirt, a brown hat and dark shorts.

Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the FBI’s Chicago Field Office at (312) 421-6700.

Read more on crime, and track the city’s homicides.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.