Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

Farmers’ protest | Red Fort to remain closed

A man hoists flags at the Red Fort during their Republic Day tractor rally in New Delhi on January 26, 2021. (Source: PTI)

Red Fort, which was supposed to open on Wednesday after Republic Day celebrations, would remain closed after protesting farmers entered the premises on Tuesday, an Archaeological Survey of India official said.

Red Fort had been closed to the public from January 19 till January 21 after a sample taken from a dead crow was found positive for bird flu. After that, it remained closed from January 22 due to Republic Day, as is the norm every year.

The ASI official said the monument would not reopen on Wednesday and that ASI staff would assess the site for any damage during the protest.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.