Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Barry Cooper

Ex-Nottingham Forest youngster joins Carlton Town

Former Nottingham Forest youngster Elvis Otim has joined non-league outfit Carlton Town after leaving Barnsley. 

Otim came through the youth system at the Nigel Doughty Academy, though he never made a first team appearance for the first team and left when his contract with the Reds expired in July last year. 

Having left Oakwell this summer, the 21-year-old midfielder was recommended to manager Tommy Brookbanks by a contact at the City Ground , before being invited to train with the Millers. 

Otim impressed enough in that session for Town to offer him a contract and he could go straight into the squad for the local derby with Worksop Town on Saturday at the Bill Stokeld Stadium.

Elvis Otim fires a shot just wide during a game for Forest's Under-23s (Dan Westwell)

“We like what we have seen and are delighted to welcome him into the squad starting with the local Derby on Saturday,” 

Speaking to Carlton’s website, Otim’s former teammate at Forest, Rudolfs Soloha, told fans what sort of character Town fans can expect at Stoke Lane.

”He’s a confident, strong powerful player with a good tackle and excellent range of passing” said Soloha. 

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.