Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Sarah Clapson

'Everything is open' - Boss comments on transfers amid Nottingham Forest links

Olympiacos boss Pedro Martins says “everything is open” amid speculation linking him with Nottingham Forest duo Tiago Silva and Yuri Ribeiro.

Rumours the Reds pair could head to Greece to join the fellow Evangelos Marinakis-owned club have persisted for much of the summer.

Reports have said Silva could arrive in Athens in the coming days to seal a move, with suggestions midfielder Cafu could head in the opposite direction, to the City Ground, in a swap deal.

For your latest Forest news sign up to our newsletter with your email in the box at the top of the page - or click here

And with Olympiacos in need of a left-back, Ribeiro’s name is one which has been consistently touted as a possibility.

But manager Martins was giving little away when asked about potential transfers before Monday’s deadline for international deals.

Greek media outlet SDNA report he was asked about “open fronts in transfers such as left-back and winger” in a press conference.

And he said: "I do not have the authority to answer this question.

“Until the 5th of the month everything is open.

“I know what is needed for our team.

“There is coordination with the president and it will be the best until the last day for our team.”

Silva has yet to feature for the Reds this season, due to being sidelined with an ankle injury.

Ribeiro has played twice so far this term, in the Carabao Cup defeat to Barnsley and against Cardiff City in the league.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.