Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Jonny Bonell

'Everyone knows' - important update on striker linked with transfer to Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest January target Glenn Murray has signed a new contract with Brighton & Hove Albion.

Murray, who was on the Reds’ striker shortlist during last month’s window, stayed with the Premier League outfit after the deadline – and has now pledged his future to the club, signing a deal until the summer of 2021.

Sabri Lamouchi made no secret of his desire to bring in a striker during January, signing Nuno da Costa and recalling Tyler Walker from his Lincoln City loan spell.

Murray was said to be on the shortlist of names Forest were looking at, having struggled to nail down a starting position for Graham Potter’s side this season.

The 36-year-old was handed a place in the 11 for Saturday’s game with West Ham United, scoring the equaliser in a 3-3 draw at the London Stadium – his second goal of the season.

“I’m delighted Glenn’s agreed this new contract, and it’s one he deserves,” Potter told the club’s website.“He’s got it because of what he can bring to the team and squad.

“Everyone knows what Glenn brings to this club, and he’s an important member of the squad — on and off the pitch — and he showed that in abundance on Saturday at West Ham.

“I’ve always said he’s got a big part to play here. He’s happy and settled here, he loves this club, and he’s been the ultimate professional on and off the pitch. He’s keeps himself in fantastic shape and that takes great dedication.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.